Are you still on the fence about whether to convert your existing neon or fluorescent lit sign to LED lighting? Let’s shine a light on the benefits of LEDs versus traditional components in your signage.
Your Bottom Line
As a business owner, everything comes down to dollars and cents. Fluorescents once dominated sign illumination. So, how do fluorescents compare to LED? Making the switch can result in significant savings. In fact, most businesses can expect to see a return on investment within one to two years; long term savings are even more substantial.
Breaking It Down:
- Fluorescent lamps are less efficient than LED lighting. In fact, LED’s consume up to 90% less energy than traditional fluorescents. That represents more dollars in your pocket.
- The average life span of fluorescent components is 7,000 to15,000 hours. That means you may need to replace your fluorescent lamps as much as once a year. LED lighting lasts 50,000 to 100,00 hours which translates to years of worry-free lighting.
- LED lighting is more durable and does not require as frequent maintenance as fluorescent lamps or neon tubes. Less service calls means you’re spending less to keep your sign working optimally.
- LED’s do not need to acclimate to the weather – even in colder temperatures. LEDs shine brightly in an instant!
- The flexibility of LEDs means more design options.
- LED’s operate at a lower voltage than fluorescents which makes them a safer choice.
- Due to gases and chemicals like mercury, neon and fluorescent lights are considered hazardous and are a greater liability when it comes to breakage and disposal.
- Finally, LED technology is greener and more ecologically friendly than traditional lighting – from energy savings to the actual products, LED’s are better for the environment.
Retrofits: The Process
As a leader in signage lighting technology, Philadelphia Sign has years of experience retrofitting existing traditionally lit signage to LEDs.
Retrofits are most often completed in cabinet signs and channel letters, though any illuminated signage can be converted to LEDs. Prior to converting, our experts will determine factors like the sizes needed, configuration as it relates to the design, level of brightness and colors and create a game plan your retrofit. Our teams can replace the older components with newer LEDs to have your sign up and shining with the least amount of disruption.
Contact us today to speak to one of our experienced team members to find out how easy it is to convert your traditional signage to LED lighting and start saving money now!